I'm grateful to share an opportunity to be of service this holiday season.
For the second year in a row we are going to support the Columbus-based non-profit, Celebrating One, by making and decorating cards for their Send A Card program.
Send A Card sends hand-written cards in the mail to people, all over the world, who need encouragement and motivation.
I think words are so powerful, hand-written cards are a lovely, dying art, and people want to feel seen, so I couldn't feel happier to be aligned with Celebrating One.
People receiving a card through this program might include single parents, someone who has lost a job or is going through a divorce, a cancer patient, a lonely senior, someone suffering with depression, a business owner juggling all of the things, and even someone who loves to receive something positive.
Send A Card currently sends 550+ cards a month.
One thing I love about this program is that when someone starts receiving a card they receive one every month for TWO YEARS. It's not a one-and-done. It's a consistent give. I love that.
Last year Moore Soul Sessions wrote and decorated 235 cards.
Would you like to join us this year?
Here is what you'd be saying yes to:
1. Go to the Celebrating One website and nominate 10 people to receive a card.
2. Buy some plain notecards (we will give you specific instructions further down the road) and be willing to send your cards in the mail to me. You are saying yes to the cost of the cards and the postage.
3. Attend an optional 45 minute Zoom Party on Wednesday, November 23rd at 12 EST hosted by me, where we can come together as a community to write and decorate 30 cards each. Super fun for kids, too. If you can't attend at that time and want to decorate the cards in your own time, that would be great, too.
4. Your total time commitment would be roughly two hours.
5. If you live outside of America please consider joining us. Your postage will be more expensive so please bear that in mind.
6. Mail your cards back to me by the end of the first week in December.
If you'd like to participate, please DM me or send me an email.
In service and love,
p.s. please forward this to a friend who loves hand-written cards and who loves to give back.